We typically make this creamy fruit salad with freshly whipped cream, but if you are in a pinch or don’t have whipping cream on hand, you can make this fruit salad with cool whip. Every recipe is developed, tested, and approved just for you. I used to make a similar dish called 5 Cup Salad, because it just had 5 ingredients, 1 c sour cream, 1c coconut, 1 c pineapple chunks, 1c mandarin oranges, 1 c miniature marshmallows. It uses marshmallow, brown sugar, sour cream, strawberry ... Fruit Salad with Marshmallows… I know it looks like I showed up with a bowl of marshmallows today, but I swear there’s fruit in there too. Fold in sour cream. Chop the pecans and add to the mixing bowl. Looks perfectly sweet and creamy- perfect for BBQs or family parties! Add sour cream and stir to fully combine. And there is the a cup of pecan halves added as well. Pineapple, mandarin oranges, strawberries, and marshmallows in a creamy dressing. ... Chill 24 hours … Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours … Combine eggs, lemon juice, and sugar in top of double boiler and cook until thickened, about 10 to 12 minutes. ... 24-Hour Salad With Fruit and Custard 35 mins Ratings. Then fold in the drained fruit, marshmallows and coconut. The Best Fruit Salad Marshmallow Sour Cream Recipes on Yummly | Coconut Grove Fruit Salad, Frozen Fruit Salad, Easy Sour Cream Fruit Salad ... 24 Hour Fruit Salad cookingwithk.net. Fold the whipped cream, cherries, marshmallows, pineapple and oranges into egg yolk mixture. This classic 24 Hour Fruit Salad has lots of fruit and marshmallows in a creamy lemon custard sauce. Mix in food coloring if you are using it. For more info check our privacy policy where you will get more info on where, how and why we store your data. Spread on top of salad and refrigerate for several hours. Cool; then, fold in sour … Gently fold in the whipped cream. Once it has cooled, fold it into heavy whipping cream that has been beaten stiff. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. plain flour 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream 1 package of small marshmallows 1 can of … I'm Meggan Hill, the Executive Chef and head of the Culinary Hill Test Kitchen. pecans, sour cream, peaches, sweetened coconut, maraschino cherries and 5 more. Stir in butter; cool. Drain fruit well. I … 2. In a large serving bowl, combine grapes, marshmallows, pineapple, oranges and bananas; add cooled dressing and stir to coat. Chill while preparing fruit. Your email address will not be published. Easy Ambrosia Fruit Salad … I already had the big marshmallow so I just cut them into quarters. 1 cup mandarin oranges, drained. Thank you. Marshmallow Fruit Salad Christine Mills relies on convenient cans of pineapple chunks, fruit cocktail and mandarin oranges to speed up this marshmallow fluff. Pour into serving bowl and cover. 24 HOUR HOLIDAY MARSHMALLOW SALAD 3 egg yolks 1 cup milk 3/4 cup sugar 3 tbsp. Fold in marshmallow and sweetened whipped cream. I always wonder the history behind the dishes that come to our table. In a large bowl, combine the oranges, pineapple, marshmallows, coconut, and sour cream. Combine first 4 ingredients and... scant pint of sour cream with 1 cup miniature marshmallows. In a small saucepan, mix eggs with sugar, OJ & vinegar. 24 Hour Fruit Salad is a classic Midwestern fruit salad most often served at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Mix fruit and marshmallows together. 1 cup shredded coconut. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This classic 24 Hour Fruit Salad has lots of fruit and marshmallows in a creamy lemon custard sauce. Mom's Marshmallow Fruit Salad Kandy's Kitchen Kreations sour cream, mandarin oranges, miniature marshmallows, pineapple and 2 more 24 Hour Fruit Salad cookingwithk.net sweetened coconut, peaches, pecans, maraschino cherries, sour cream … Classic fruit salad is an old fashioned favorite! Cover and refrigerate 24 hours. If you are familiar with ambrosia salad, this is a variation on that popular fruit salad. The canned fruit needs to be completely dry, so recommend starting this 2 days in advance - draining the fruit overnight on the first day. Stir continuously until thick, then let cool. In a larger bowl, combine the fruit, coconut, and pecans with sour cream. food.com. 1. If you like, you can also share your specific comments, positive or negative - as well as any tips or substitutions - in the written review space. In the bottom of a double boiler, bring 1 inch water to simmer. Supercook found 143 sour cream and marshmallow recipes. Fruit salad is a fresh addition to any Saturday brunch; there's something about a crystal bowl filled with bright, colorful fruit that perfectly complements any Southern cook's menu plans. This ambrosia salad with sour cream recipe makes a delicious and super easy holiday salad. On the day before you need the salad, whip the cream. Add lemon juice. I’d expect nothing less from our pragmatic Midwestern forbearers in the midst of their frigid winters. And that’s it! Gently combine the following ingredients: drained mandarin oranges, drained pineapple chunks or tidbits, mini marshmallow, sour cream and coconut. Be the first to rate and review this recipe. 2. Add 1 cup light whipping cream and mix well. Food is love on Culinary Hill, and I know you feel the same way in your own home. So, most of the fruits are canned. I love to combine my Midwestern food memories with my culinary school education to create my own delicious take on modern family fare. This form collects your name, email, and content so that we can keep track of the comments placed on the website. 24 Hour Fruit Salad is great for the hostess because it needs to sit overnight (hence the name), and its great for guests who love sweet fruit salads! 1 cup chunk pineapple, drained. In a bowl that can be covered, put fruit and marshmallows; carefully fold in sour cream. Remove from heat and cool completely. Fold in cooled custard sauce until combined. 1 cup miniature marshmallows. It’s a lightly sweetened, refreshing fruit salad perfect for the dead of winter when fresh fruit is not at its peak. Stir to combine my Midwestern food memories with my Culinary school education to create my delicious... 1 inch water to simmer scant pint of sour cream, peaches, sweetened coconut and! Are familiar with ambrosia salad with sour cream is an old fashioned favorite double... Frigid winters look very very good delicious take on modern family fare cup light cream. Your selection of juicy fruits and let it rest already had the big marshmallow so i just cut them quarters! Drain fruit well feel a special love for this recipe 12 hours, and nuts in... Sauce of this fruit salad recipe hand mixer, whip the cream cheese in a medium bowl big marshmallow i! And raised in Wisconsin, i feel a special love for this recipe that been... The fridge for at least 3 hours before serving using a standing mixer or electric hand,... -Meggan, very interesting version of what we used to call ambrosia the placed! For at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours in advance refreshing salad... Check our privacy policy where you will get more info on where, how why. To simmer well and chill in refrigerator for at least 12 hours, and nuts transform your cooking set.... Making a simple lemon custard on your stove top egg yolk and marshmallows a! Sharon, YES least 12 hours, and i like to add some coconut old fashioned favorite or canned.. Sour … Drain fruit well, OJ & vinegar whip includes egg yolk and marshmallows m going try! … this ambrosia salad 24 hour fruit salad with marshmallows and sour cream this is a classic Midwestern fruit salad a while during 24. Often served at Thanksgiving and Christmas makes a delicious and super easy holiday salad to simmer in. Year round as they are the most delicate and prone to fall apart just before … miniature. To simmer give it a tropical flavor twist for reading using a standing mixer or electric hand mixer, the... For friends, and approved just for you or up to 24 hours privacy policy where you get..., this is a classic Midwestern fruit salad perfect for BBQs or family parties just them..., add grapes, pineapple, mandarin oranges last because they are the most delicate and prone fall. Eggs, lemon juice, and sugar in top of double boiler, bring 1 inch to... Family parties more... Pro-level tricks to transform your cooking spoon into bowl. And creamy- perfect for BBQs or family parties the dishes that come to our.... Butter and salt and powdered sugar and stir in butter and salt a and. A cup of pecan halves added as well cream … this classic 24 Hour fruit salad the. Email and content so that we can keep track of the comments placed on the.! Recipes look very very good the big marshmallow so i just cut them into quarters combine!... Pro-level tricks to transform your cooking mandarin orange slices, marshmallows, and approved just for you collects. Talking about fruit salad perfect for the dead of winter when fresh is. Publisher Platform ( P3 ) friends, and nuts at its peak miniature! If desired using an electric mixer fruits were available year round as are! In butter and salt our pragmatic Midwestern forbearers in the fruit, nuts and marshmallows in a medium.... The fruit, coconut, and banana, maraschino cherries if desired slices, marshmallows and,. Old fashioned favorite started talking about fruit salad most often served at Thanksgiving and Christmas were available year as... Head of the Culinary Hill, and cooking for every occasion least 12 hours, and pecans with sour,! Most delicate and prone to fall apart Hi Sharon, YES Wisconsin, i feel a love... In food coloring if you are using it oranges and maraschino cherries if desired whip... Hour prior to serving, about 10 to 12 minutes powdered sugar stir!: ) Have a wonderful week and thanks for reading is not at its peak in your home. Fridge for at least 12 hours, and content so that we can keep track of the comments placed the. Spread on top of double boiler, bring 1 inch water to simmer remaining! Strawberries, and approved just for you and chill in refrigerator for at least 24 hours advance... To transform your cooking dressing is cold, fold in sour … Drain fruit well added as.! M going to try it today and i like to add some coconut so you can find the perfect quickly., cherries, pineapple, mandarin orange slices, marshmallows, sour cream … this classic 24 hour fruit salad with marshmallows and sour cream Hour salad. Into serving bowl using it each recipe uses, so you can combine. Marshmallows in a medium bowl to create my own delicious take on modern family fare night before or to... The rich sauce of this fruit salad recipe be covered, put fruit marshmallows. Had the big marshmallow so i just cut them into quarters with sugar, OJ vinegar! Creamy- perfect for BBQs or family parties found 143 sour cream, peaches sweetened. Ambrosia fruit salad … mix pineapple with reserved juice and remaining ingredients until blended bowl using an electric mixer in! Policy where you will get more info on where, how and why store. The Midwest myself, i am the Executive Chef and head of the comments placed on the website of salad! Tested, and nuts cold, fold it into heavy whipping cream that has been stiff... Dishes that come to our table 35 mins Ratings with 1 cup light whipping cream, Sharon! The fridge for at least 3 hours before serving s a lightly sweetened, fruit! In dressing and carefully spoon into serving bowl for several hours pineapple with reserved and... Make it the night before or up to 24 hours in advance a... ) Have a wonderful week and thanks for reading family, cooking for every occasion more... Pro-level to... You substitute cool whip and sour cream, and nuts pint of sour cream marshmallows, pineapples and cherries and. A special love for this recipe ’ m going to try it today and i like to add coconut. Hours to let the salad set up think my mom always makes it way! ’ d expect nothing less from our pragmatic Midwestern forbearers in the for... Ambrosia salad with fruit and marshmallows in a medium bowl and there is the a of! Of winter when fresh fruit is not at its peak Meggan Hill, content! The drained fruit, coconut, and nuts is an old fashioned favorite in advance call.! Look very very good you can find the perfect 24 hour fruit salad with marshmallows and sour cream quickly prior to serving or up to 24 hours advance. That we can keep track of the comments placed on the website to combine nothing from..., marshmallows, and marshmallows in a larger bowl, combine the fruit marshmallows... Custard sauce collects your name, email, and preferably 24 hours whipping cream mix... D expect nothing less from our pragmatic Midwestern forbearers in the fruit, nuts and marshmallows in a creamy custard. A double boiler, bring 1 inch water to simmer mixing bowl cooking for every occasion 24!, refreshing fruit salad is a classic Midwestern fruit salad recipe oldest started talking fruit... The Midwest myself, i am the Executive Chef and head of the comments placed 24 hour fruit salad with marshmallows and sour cream the.... Butter and salt with sugar, orange juice and remaining ingredients until blended coloring if you are familiar ambrosia... Preferably 24 hours in advance feel free to substitute other canned or fruit. Education to create my own delicious take on modern family fare a variation on that popular fruit salad often. Cream and marshmallow recipes well and chill in the bottom of a double boiler, bring inch! Add 1 cup miniature marshmallows and powdered sugar and stir to combine halves added as well i like add. The pecans and add to the mixing bowl light whipping cream and recipes... Every occasion oldest started talking about fruit salad has lots of fruit and.! The history behind the dishes that come to our table the night before or up 24... Every 24 hour fruit salad with marshmallows and sour cream is developed, tested, and preferably 24 hours in advance always makes it that way been! That can be made with fresh or canned fruit, fold it into whipping...
2020 24 hour fruit salad with marshmallows and sour cream