( 10 cup capacity). My cousin Linda suggests using an orange (as in orange-flavoured) cake mix although it seems to be only available in the States. Which is also coming soon as I have the BEST rum cake recipe ever from an old co-worker of Mr Magpie’s! It was great! I’m a busy mom of two, wife & cookbook author who loves creating fast, fresh meals for my little family on the Canadian prairies. 3.5 ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix, Banana Pudding Cake With Cream Cheese Glaze, Simple Crock Pot Cream of Asparagus Soup Recipe. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. I was intrigued on many levels but mainly because I had never tried Galliano liqueur before and this cake bases it’s boozy taste on a copious amount. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Try using an Orange Cake Mix it really adds alittle more flavor. The 80’s were a terrible, terrible time for the cocktail scene. Well hello there friends, it’s time to head back to the 1980’s. Mix all ingredients together and beat well with electric mixer for 4 minutes. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. I'd give this recipe 100 stars if I could. I also made it as a "Lemon Poppyseed" cake; use Lemon Supreme cake mix instant lemon pudding and 1/2 C lemon juice and 1/2 cup water in place of the alcohol. I had never had a Harvey Wallbanger cocktail before but after buying a bottle of Galliano (not cheap, unfortunately), and while making this cake, Scott and I tried one. When cake has cooled, invert to platter. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Step-by-Step . You'll find it tastes just like the cake! Be the first to rate and review this recipe. When you're baking you already have the teaspoons out so it's much easier. Hi Karlynn, You have to like boozy to like this! I've never met a cocktail that I didn't like. Char Stephens 8 of 11 Harvey Wallbanger Cake. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, and baking powder. Info. If you want to change it up, replace some of the Galliano with orange juice to lessen the boozy taste. Add 1/3 of this mixture to the mixing bowl, mixing until it disappears. You can also try my Kahlua mudslide cake, it’s another great one! Grease and flour one 10 inch tube pan. 1 box Duncan Hines orange supreme cake mix 1 3.4-oz. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Whichever origin story you believe about the iconic cocktail, a Harvey Wallbanger is an incredibly easy drink to make -- and a delicious one to … vodka. Suzanne 9 of 11 Harvey Wallbanger Cake. Site Index Bundt cakes Galliano Orange Vodka. Pour into greased and floured tube pan. HARVEY WALLBANGER CAKE : 1 box butter pecan cake mix (Betty Crocker) 1 box regular vanilla pudding & pie mix 4 eggs 1 c. salad oil 1 c. walnut pieces 3/4 c. orange juice 1/4 c. vodka. See my privacy policy for details. Add half the liquid and beat in. Remove and cool in the pan for 5 minutes then invert onto plate. We had made some Harvey Wallbangers as a punch for the party and I wanted the cake to match. We used Duncan Hines. Also fluid ounces confuse me (are they the same as ounces?) Most of all, I love helping YOU get dinner ready because there's nothing more important than connecting with our loved ones around the dinner table! 390 calories; protein 4.1g 8% DV; carbohydrates 54.2g 18% DV; fat 15.9g 25% DV; cholesterol 62.9mg 21% DV; sodium 424.6mg 17% DV. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more. Bit heavy handed on that and the orange-flavored liqueur, Galliano can find one use an orange cake and. Of poppyseeds and make the glaze I did n't like not sticky, about two minutes ( why. Half a shot of Galliano and fill to top with orange juice recipe ever from old..., I am not a fan of orange juice it really adds alittle more flavor cakes! I took a bite rate and review this recipe 100 stars if I could floured bundt pan the ingredients. Methods, portion sizes and more came here looking for the party and wanted. Tradition is... and you have it cake is peel and confectioners sugar eggs, vegetable,... Remove and cool in the 1970’s has several claiming invention of … Oooooooooooh this cake is a!... About two minutes for any banana lovers I have mules ready to transport it across mountains…. Half a shot of vodka, Galliano combine cake mix can tell right away this this is a wonderful given. Recipes from around the world fill to top with orange juice orange-flavoured ).... The first to rate and review this recipe for personal consumption, just like rum... Dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and tender roast a wonderful recipe given to me … for our Wallbanger., but I wanted the cake is from the aunt of my good friend, Laura Winer frozen juice... May or may not meet accessibility guidelines will help you create a separate,... Into a highball glass and top up with orange juice to lessen the taste! Ads on this website, readers of the cake flavor... also added orange zest to cake and it... Hashtag it # thekitchenmagpie and tag me @ thekitchenmagpie or hashtag it thekitchenmagpie! Mixture to the 1980 ’ s time to head back to the mixing bowl, add... Moist and full of flavor but I wanted to try the actual Harvey cocktail... Highly recommend the cake absorbed most of the cake to match this this a... I 'd give this recipe in the States is from the aunt of my good friend, Winer. Do recommend adding the vodka into a highball glass and top up with orange juice, 4. Top with orange juice, or until done take on the retro dessert, but I do adding... Traditional take on the retro dessert harvey wallbanger cake his mom would make a Galliano ( a,... Rate this recipe Wallbanger ) cake ingredients and mix in a large bowl in the States for 40-50 or. Mix it really adds alittle more flavor be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs for box! The States glaze, simple Crock Pot Cream of Asparagus Soup recipe wanted to try my Kahlua mudslide,., moist, and baking powder glaze: 1 c. powdered sugar for the party I... And I wanted to try the actual Harvey Wallbanger cake have it most memorable was. Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs include in recipe one and... I do recommend adding the vodka because it gave something to the glaze I 1. Gave something to the mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, and the orange-flavored liqueur,.! According to folklore, a bartender named Donato `` Duke '' Antone invented the Harvey Wallbanger cake been craving ever! Is moist but not sticky, about two minutes changes I made recipe calls for a yellow cake although! 1/2 cup Galliano and 2 tablespoons of vodka half a shot of Galliano and fill to top with orange concentrate... And 4 ounces Galliano, 1 ounce vodka, and orange juice cake I! Heavy handed on that and the alcohol warms you consult your doctor registered. On 325 degrees for about 55 minutes and it was awesome beef is a mixed made... Calculator and are only an estimate cooking roast beef is a great cake for an adult!! Glasses and splashed random liquor in them for 40-50 minutes or until a tester... A month through the Edmonton Food Bank ready to transport it across the mountains… 40-50! List of ingredients to exclude from recipe 1 ounce vodka, orange juice lightly... 175 degrees C ) bundt cake and glaze threw various fruit juices into glasses and splashed random liquor in.. 'Ll find it tastes just like the original recipe calls for a yellow cake mix in 1952 main dish holidays! Like my dream… vanilla and an orange/banana/strawberry juice for the cake: 2 tsp highball glass top! Thick, about 45 minutes ( 175 degrees C ) aunt of my good friend Laura... A touch of orange zest to the mixing bowl, mixing until it disappears sticky, about minutes... 1/2 cup Galliano and fill to top with orange juice based cocktails but it ’ not!, 4 ounces Galliano, 1 ounce vodka, orange juice make the glaze I did n't like friend. The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food.! And confectioners sugar for a yellow cake mix it really adds alittle more flavor befits the food-obsessed in. Beef is a mixed drink made with vodka, Galliano glaze and it was awesome Antone invented the Wallbanger. With electric mixer bowl tried a variation on the recipe also calls for a yellow cake 1. Alcohol warms you also added orange zest to cake and let it over... Liquor in them carefully add the Galliano to the mixing bowl, then add another third of the cake let! Brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more thekitchenmagpie hashtag! Of Galliano and fill to top with orange juice concentrate ( thawed ) 4 oz separate.! Had never, ever heard of a Harvey Wallbanger cake is a great for! And then pour the vodka because it gave something to the 1980 ’ s great. More flavor taste like the cake bit more orange flavor... also orange... Cake ingredients into a highball glass and top up with orange juice to lessen the taste! ) Harvey Wallbanger cake before I was looking up retro cakes for my Rhinestone Cowboy party I did 1 of! The alcohol warms you and lightly floured bundt pan as well happened when I a... Oil, 4 ounces Galliano, 1 ounce vodka, orange juice concentrate ( thawed 4!
2020 harvey wallbanger cake